Saturday, June 1, 2013

We all have bad days...

Today was one of those mornings where it took every ounce of strength I had just to make it to the shower.
Don started the water for me and waited till I was safely inside before he went to see if there was any orange juice. He's convinced that orange juice will make me feel better.
He's probably right but I don't think we have any.


By the way, the picture is just because I think it's beautiful.

Mornings like this are rare, thank God, but they are certainly my least favorite way to start the day.
I prefer an early morning walk, a bowl of malt-o-meal, and maybe a cup of coffee.
Along with a little time in my recliner to help ease myself into the day.
Easing myself into the day is something I'm accustomed to.
Dragging myself to the shower while stopping to breathe is not.
Like I said before. Thank God.
Seriously.
Years ago when I was diagnosed with CHF, He got me through a particularly ugly rough patch and we've been close ever since.
Because of this, I try my best not to talk about CHF too much.
Partly because I don't want to be defined by it, and partly because I prefer to focus on how grateful I am to be here.
Alive.
Blessed.
And mostly healthy.


But we all have bad days.
And if we only share the good days with one another, then we isolate ourselves from those around us.
We paint a life-picture that has been photoshopped for all to see, all the time wondering why we are lacking in the relationship department.
It is important to be real.
In good taste, with respect for others, and with the benefit of some filtering, but real none the less.
Had a bad day?
Me too.
Wish you felt as normal as everyone else seems?
Same here.
Tired of your same old problems?
I hear ya.

So allow me to say this.
Today I all but crawled to the shower.
But tomorrow I plan to have my morning walk and a cup of coffee.
Because my God is good.
And He is with me.
Both when I walk and when I crawl.
He can do the same for you.

Your devoted friend,
Christa
xoxoxoxoxo

1 comment:

  1. Hola Christa!
    I read all of your "Faith" posts and was inspired! For a while now I've been contemplating on how to creatively talk about my faith on my blog. Now because of YOU (and God's mysterious ways of answering prayers)I will know how to. I think I will start a Faith section on my blog and share my voice too! Thanks! (to the both of you).

    ~SimplyyMayra :)

    ReplyDelete